Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gloucester Sailboats For Sale

The Macho

tumbacocos Photo: Claudio Fuentes Madan

do not consider myself a feminist because I try to avoid reactive attitudes. Feminism as opposed to machismo seems too easy a solution, when in fact the rights that I deserve as a human being far beyond my thing. However, for some of my acquaintances, the question is quite simple: I am a feminist. It is a natural tendency to put things on the list of known this che non riusciamo a capire, generalizzare al massimo le eccezioni che non rientrano nelle statistiche.  
A Cuba, il maschilismo funziona come il razzismo, per la direzione del PCC semplicemente “non esiste”. Nel suo libro “Il Secondo sesso”, Simone de Beauvoir ha studiato i punti di contatto tra la discriminazione razziale e quella femminile, mezzo secolo più tardi, il mio paese è la prova vivente della sua tesi. Tra i “non razzisti” c’è chi afferma che “non tutti i neri sono uguali” ma non manca un ragionamento aberrante come “quel nero ha l’anima bianca”. Tra i “non macho "we find another version of the same phenomenon:" Women are like us. " In other words, "they" are the kind, "we" are only similar.
The other day I went to a party that was held in a place a little 'decentralized and I missed the street, one of the guests recognized me and gave me a ride in a taxi. When I got was supporting an animated conversation with the driver that I did not want to interrupt. The dialogue went something like this:
- Look mate, I never let it go out alone. What a strange tale to go out alone?
- You are right.
- When I come home from work sometimes do a little 'beaten up, you never know - I think this comment was a joke, but I could not check - then I put it in front of the mirror and I say: "See, I'm better looking than you."
We were flabbergasted, not only for the bad taste of what looked like a joke, but for the fact that they did not make any case before me in the back of the car. When we arrived at the house where the party was held, the man who gave me the pass he turned to me and said:
- Claudia, you've got a bit 'of money? Pay that you do not know the exact figure.


Translation Gordian Wolves
www.infol.it/ wolves

0 comments:

Post a Comment